Ivan Milic - Networks expert Ivan Milic CEO Ivan Milic

Top Menu

× To post a question you must be signed in.

WPML support

21 Feb 2019 09:03 #4509 by Jaak Ivask
WPML support was created by Jaak Ivask
I can't understand how to manage woocommerce translations. From there I have to change the translation language. Then logged in, have opened Excel like manager for Woocommerce I can see products in the main language. Changing language from WP ( screenshot ) doesn't have any effect. English translation not added.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Feb 2019 12:56 #4519 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic WPML support
Hi,

open in full screen mode. Try to add &lang=xx in browser address bar

21 Feb 2019 13:39 #4520 by Jaak Ivask
Replied by Jaak Ivask on topic WPML support
Hello,
I've tried but didn't get a workable solution.

Went to full screen and have added lang parameter to URL &lang=en (primary language is Estonian - et).

Adding lang variable, reloading screen, but products are still from primary language (translations are not added yet).
  • After switching lang from et to en I've changed the title of one product. Result - product converted as English lang product and disappeared from primary lang.
  • Added primary lang product and translation through Woocommerce and WPML standard edit screens. Switching to Excel like product manager, went to full screen and added &lang=en parameter to URL. Expected result - display of the translated product. Real result - only primary lang products were shown

21 Feb 2019 14:15 #4526 by Super User
Can you try to switch back-end language in general then enter plugin. And to do that for each language before editing.

21 Feb 2019 14:24 #4527 by Jaak Ivask
Hey!

Unfortunately didn't help.

05 Mar 2019 07:25 #4870 by Jaak Ivask
Hello,

Your product description includes:

* POLYLANG support

* WPML support

Do you have plans to implement the working solution for WPML that end user will be able to use? Or if support is already have been built in then add documentation how a user can use that functionality.

I've tried all the suggestions from previous posts and don't get it to work.

05 Mar 2019 17:03 #4881 by Super User
Hi,

generally we included support for syncing meta data like changes on properties, prices, stock, etc..
It did even work for descriptions when you just switched language. But is seams that no longer works since WPML had critical update 2 months ago.
We will look into this.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds