Ivan Milic - Networks expert Ivan Milic CEO Ivan Milic

Top Menu

× To post a question you must be signed in.

Custom Import/export selection not working

20 Jan 2021 15:54 #6001 by Steve
Hi
We have been usine ELPM for some time but yestereday I noticed the the latest import (from an exported file) included formating text instead of HTML in the Short Description Field. This is random and not in all product lines. Aparent in both ELPM version 2.1.35 and 2.18
This has destroyed our webiste.
We are using Wordpress 5.6 and WooCommerce 4.7.1
We have upgraded our staging site to ELPM 2.1.8 and now the Import/Export field/column selector for a custom export and import is not working.
It works on 2.1.35

I have sent a csv file to you support emil.

Your help would be apperciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2021 08:08 #6002 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Custom Import/export selection not working
Hi,

may we see file you imported?
If not correctly formated fields contining HTML like short description can break CSV integrity. You should use programs when editing such files , becuse this usually happens when people edit CSV with text edtor or have feed file created by app that does not quote values correctly. Its reccomended that you check your file with Google Documents Spreadsheets and even download fresh copy from them becuse Google Documents Spreadsheets can repair issues.
You can get our mulitiimport addon to work with XLSX or ODS files (complex feads are not problem in this case). Also we are soon to release wooCommerce connector for new SellingCOmmander patform tah has all this inside and even import preview before commit.

Thanks,

21 Jan 2021 11:51 #6003 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Custom Import/export selection not working
Hi
I sent an email with the csv export to your support emial.
We are only using excel to edit the csv.
We are seeing the same plain text in the ELPM window on our restored staging site which is before our last export.
Hope this helps.

We do have the multiimport addon but are not using it because the help inormation on setup is not detaied enough.

21 Jan 2021 16:49 #6004 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Custom Import/export selection not working
Sorry. We did not get such email. Can you resend it using some google or yahoo account?

22 Jan 2021 15:34 #6005 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Custom Import/export selection not working
I hace resent a csv fille to you support email. - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds